Lightroom 4 Book Module
I have been reading blogs, and watching videos about all the new features in the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Beta Release. I have decided that for me one of the coolest features has to be the new Book Module in Lightroom Beta 4. I have been working on a new project for a book I want to publish through the book self publishing company Blurb. However, Blub software had to be downloaded to your computer to get your book layout and templates to work with. Now, you don’t have to download the software. Blub is now included into this new “Book Module” in the Lightroom 4 Beta.
My book project is still only on paper, but all the pieces are falling in place for this book to be completed sooner rather than later. I won’t bore you with the details, but I have to say that this new “Book Module” in Lightroom 4 will make this book project come together very quickly.
If you would like to get a really good look at what the new “Book Module” has to offer that a look at the following three videos. Julieanne Kost, Digital Imaging Evangelist at Adobe Systems, whatever that is, did a three video series on this new module. I am embedding them into this post, because I couldn’t really find an easy link. However, at the bottom of this post I copied the list of videos Julieanne Kostput on here blog post this morning. I hope you are as stoked as I was with this new feature. I can’t wait to start playing with it.
I’m excited to present 8 new videos on the Lightroom 4 Beta!
• Introduction to Lightroom 4 Beta – Join Adobe Digital Imaging Evangelist Julieanne Kost as she discusses what will be covered in the LR4 Beta videos.
• Develop Module Advancements – This episode covers some of Lightroom 4 Beta’s new features in the Develop Module and Basic Panel including major improvements to image processing.
• Soft Proofing and DNG Enhancements – Learn some of the great ways the new Lightroom 4 Beta allows you to soft proof your images. Also in this episode, Julieanne covers improvements to the way Lightroom handles the Digital Negative Format.
• Working with DSLR Video – Learn how the new Lightroom 4 Beta will work with and share video clips.
• Mapping Your Photos – Discover how the new Lightroom 4 Bata allows you to sort and manage your images based on where they pictures were originally taken the new map Module makes it possible.
• Book Module Basics – In this first of 3 videos, Julieanne Kost gives an overview of the new Book Module in the new Lightroom 4 Beta which allows you to layout and print book from Lightroom.
• Modifying Book Layouts – This episode shows you how you can customize your book layout in the new Lightroom 4 Beta.
• Advanced Book Features – This episode covers more features of the Book Module in the Lightroom 4 Beta including different ways to work with captions and templates.
To download the Lightroom 4 Beta, click here.
To participate in the forums, click here.
If you prefer a simple list of new features, click here.